Consumer and Market Insights: Ice Cream in Finland
Ice Cream market in Finland is forecast to register higher growth in value terms compared to volume terms during 2015-2020. 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' is the largest category in both value and volume terms and is also forecast to register higher volume growth during 2015-2020. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in Finland's Ice Cream market while; Eskimo and Valiojäätelö are the leading players in the market.
- The Ice Cream market in Finland is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% in US$ terms during 2015-2020
- The 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category accounts for the highest Off-trade and On-trade volume consumption in Finland
- The 'Impulse Ice Cream -Single Serve' category is forecast to register fastest growth in Off-trade sales during 2015-2020
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the 'Impulse Ice Cream -Single Serve' category
- Eskimo and Valiojäätelöare the leading brands in the 'Impulse Ice Cream -Single Serve' category in Finland
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in Finland's Ice Cream market
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in Finland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Box
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice analysis -Key Takeaways
- Value and volume analysis for Finland's Ice Cream market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Finland's Ice Cream market
- Volume analysis by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Market value and growth rates, by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share (Off-trade / On-trade) in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Finland'sFood market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Finland's Ice Cream market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value) by category
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category (Off-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category (On-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Ice Cream market, 2015
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 12: Brand share analysis by category (by value), 2015
Figure 13: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 14:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.