Biotechnology in the United States
Biotechnology in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the United States biotechnology market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United States biotechnology market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States's biotechnology market?
The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
The US biotechnology market is expected to generate total revenues of $164.6bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.9% between 2012 and 2016.
The Medical/Healthcare segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $96.9bn, equivalent to 58.9% of the market's overall value.
The United States has been able to lure promising start-ups from UK and other countries via a better investment culture. However, China is putting the US under pressure in regards to investment and is making gains in regards to new breakthrough drugs.
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Baxter International Inc.
Merck and Co., Inc.
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.