MediPoint: Ultrasound Systems - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Ultrasound systems are widely used to achieve early detection and clinical assessment, providing non-radioactive, cost-effective diagnostic ultrasound imaging in a variety of clinical settings.
Ultrasound technology has developed greatly over the past decades, and the market has become mature. With the growth of the elderly population and rising prevalence of diseases worldwide, the need for ultrasound systems is growing consistently.
Real-time 3D/4D ultrasound systems lead the ultrasound devices market with a steady growth, due to their effective functionalities and advanced features.
GE, Siemens, and Philips are the leaders in the ultrasound systems market, followed by Toshiba Medical Systems. The remainder of the market is shared by Analogic, Esaote, Fujifilm, Hitachi, Mindray, and Samsung.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future ultrasound systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends and events are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that device manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of devices ? How will emerging technologies such as contrast imaging fulfill these unmet needs?
- How will regulatory changes affect the market? When are new devices expected to commercialize?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global ultrasound devices market?
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed ultrasound systems and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different ultrasound systems.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies.
- Annualized total ultrasound systems market revenue by segment and market outlooks by country from 2014-2023.
- Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Ultrasound Systems market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Ultrasound Systems market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific Ultrasound Systems market from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 6
1.1 List of Tables 10
1.2 List of Figures 13
2 Introduction 14
2.1 Catalyst 14
2.2 Related Reports 14
2.3 Technology Overview 15
2.3.1 A-Mode 17
2.3.2 2D Ultrasound 17
2.3.3 M-Mode 18
2.3.4 Doppler Mode 18
2.3.5 3D Ultrasound 19
2.3.6 Real-Time 3D/4D Ultrasound 21
3 Market Access 22
3.1 Reimbursement 22
3.1.1 North America 22
3.1.2 Europe 23
3.1.3 Asia-Pacific 24
3.1.4 South America 27
3.1.5 Middle East and Africa 28
3.2 Regulatory Issues/Recalls 29
3.3 M&A/Key Partnerships 31
4 Unmet Needs 34
4.1 Overview 34
4.2 Instrumentation Improvement 34
4.3 Inter-Instrument Variability 35
4.4 Ultrasound Remains Significantly Operator-Dependent 36
5 Competitive Assessment 39
5.1 Major Players 39
5.1.1 GE Healthcare Limited 39
5.1.2 Siemens Healthcare GmbH 42
5.1.3 Philips Healthcare 46
5.1.4 Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation 48
5.1.5 Analogic Corporation 51
5.1.6 Esaote S.p.A. 55
5.1.7 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation 58
5.1.8 Hitachi, Ltd. 60
5.1.9 Mindray Medical International Limited 64
5.1.10 Samsung Medison Co. Ltd. 67
5.2 Pipeline Products Assessment 71
5.3 Clinical Trials 75
5.4 Company Share Analysis 79
5.4.1 Global 79
5.4.2 North America 80
5.4.3 Europe 81
5.4.4 Asia-Pacific 83
5.4.5 South America, Middle East, and Africa 84
6 Market Outlooks 86
6.1 Procedure Trends 86
6.1.1 Growing Clinical Role of Ultrasound Elastography 86
6.1.2 Contrast Ultrasound Imaging to Foster Growth 88
6.1.3 Gaining Popularity of Portable Ultrasound Systems 91
6.1.4 Newer Applications for Diagnostic Ultrasound on the Horizon 93
6.1.5 Fusion Imaging 93
6.2 Market Drivers and Barriers 94
6.2.1 Driver: Rising Prevalence of Diseases 94
6.2.2 Driver: Escalating Global Population 95
6.2.3 Driver: Increased Demand for Cost-Effective Quality Healthcare 95
6.2.4 Driver: Newer Technologies to Drive the Growth of the Market 96
6.2.5 Driver: Increased Consciousness Regarding Radiation Dose 96
6.2.6 Driver: Compact Systems to Drive Growth 98
6.2.7 Driver: Expanding Use of Ultrasound by Non-Radiologists 99
6.2.8 Driver: Steady Reimbursement and Other Government Funding 100
6.2.9 Driver: Population-Based Screening Applications Using Diagnostic Ultrasound 100
6.2.10 Barrier: Shortage of Dedicated Ultrasound Technologists 101
6.2.11 Barrier: Less Monetary Incentive to Use Ultrasound in Comparison with Other Techniques 102
6.2.12 Barrier: Lifestyle-Related Diseases May Tip the Scales 103
6.2.13 Barrier: Reduced Hospital Budgets 105
6.2.14 Barrier: Availability of Venture Capital? 105
6.3 Market Outlooks by Segment 106
6.3.1 Global Overview 106
6.3.2 By Region 109
6.4 Market Outlooks by Geography 116
6.4.1 Global Overview 116
6.4.2 North America 118
6.4.3 Europe 121
6.4.4 Asia-Pacific 128
6.4.5 South America 133
6.4.6 Middle East and Africa 135
7 Appendix 138
7.1 Data Book 138
7.1.1 Market Value 138
7.1.2 Market Volume 148
7.2 Bibliography 158
7.3 Abbreviations 162
7.4 Methodology 164
7.4.1 Overview 164
7.4.2 Coverage 164
7.4.3 Secondary Research 164
7.5 Forecasting Methodology 165
7.6 Primary Research Efforts 165
7.7 About the Authors 166
7.7.1 Tina Deng, MSc, MBS, Analyst, Medical Devices 166
7.7.2 Sarah Janer, Analyst - Medical Devices 166
7.7.3 Linda Tian, MSc, Managing Analyst, Medical Devices 166
7.7.4 Tyler Fletcher, Global Head of Medical Devices 167
7.8 About GlobalData 168
7.9 Disclaimer 168
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Company Share for Ultrasound Systems, 2016 80
Figure 2: North America Share for Ultrasound Systems, 2016 81
Figure 3: 5EU Share for Ultrasound Systems, 2016 82
Figure 4: Other EU Countries Share for Ultrasound Systems, 2016 83
Figure 5: Asia-Pacific Company Share for Ultrasound Systems, 2016 84
Figure 6: South America, Middle East and Africa Company Share for Ultrasound Systems, 2016 85
Figure 7: Global Ultrasound Systems Market Forecast ($m), 2014-2023 107
Figure 8: Ultrasound Systems Market Comparison by Segment, 2016 and 2023 109
Figure 9: North America Ultrasound Systems Market Forecast ($m), 2014-2023 110
Figure 10: Europe Ultrasound Systems Market Forecast ($m), 2014-2023 111
Figure 11: Asia-Pacific Ultrasound Systems Market Forecast ($m), 2014-2023 112
Figure 12: South America Ultrasound Systems Market Forecast ($m), 2014-2023 114
Figure 13: Middle East and Africa Ultrasound Systems Market Forecast ($m), 2014-2023 115
Figure 14: Global Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography $bn, 2014-2023 116
Figure 15: Global Ultrasound Systems Market Revenue Distribution by Geography, 2016 and 2023 118
Figure 16: North America Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography, $m, 2014-2023 119
Figure 17: 5EU Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography, $m, 2014-2023 121
Figure 18: Other European Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography, $m, 2014-2023 122
Figure 19: Asia-Pacific Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography, $m, 2014-2023 129
Figure 20: South America Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography, $m, 2014-2023 133
Figure 21: Middle East and Africa Market Value Forecast for Ultrasound Systems by Geography, $m, 2014-2023 135
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.