Energy Drinks in Brazil
Energy Drinks in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil energy drinks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The energy drinks market consists of the retail sale of various energy drinks. Energy drinks are defined as soft drinks with energy-enhancing properties; mainly carbonated and containing stimulants such as caffeine, taurine, guarana, glucuronolactone, yerba mate, along with glucose syrup (corn syrup) and maltodextrin. Energy drinks may also contain B complex group vitamin combinations. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the compilation of this report have been calculated using 2015 annual average exchange rates.
- The Brazilian energy drinks market generated total revenues of $758.5m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.6% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 6.9% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 109.3 million liters in 2015.
- Energy drinks is one of the fastest growing beverage category in Brazil in 2015. Moreover, as a fifth-most populous country with 207.8 million people in 2015 and due to the rapidly expanding middle class, the market is attractive for many foreign energy drink companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the energy drinks market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the energy drinks market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key energy drinks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil energy drinks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil energy drinks market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Brazil energy drinks market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil energy drinks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Brazil's energy drinks market?
Table of Contents
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Casa Cuervo, S.A. de C.V.
Monster Beverage Corporation
Red Bull GmbH
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil energy drinks market value: $ million, 2011–15
Table 2: Brazil energy drinks market volume: million liters, 2011–15
Table 3: Brazil energy drinks market geography segmentation: $ million, 2015
Table 4: Brazil energy drinks market share: % share, by value, 2015
Table 5: Brazil energy drinks market distribution: % share, by value, 2015
Table 6: Brazil energy drinks market value forecast: $ million, 2015–20
Table 7: Brazil energy drinks market volume forecast: million liters, 2015–20
Table 8: Casa Cuervo, S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 9: Monster Beverage Corporation: key facts
Table 10: Monster Beverage Corporation: key financials ($)
Table 11: Monster Beverage Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 12: Red Bull GmbH: key facts
Table 13: SoBe: key facts
Table 14: Brazil size of population (million), 2011–15
Table 15: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2011–15
Table 16: Brazil gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2011–15
Table 17: Brazil inflation, 2011–15
Table 18: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2011–15
Table 19: Brazil exchange rate, 2011–15 List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil energy drinks market value: $ million, 2011–15
Figure 2: Brazil energy drinks market volume: million liters, 2011–15
Figure 3: Brazil energy drinks market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 4: Brazil energy drinks market share: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 5: Brazil energy drinks market distribution: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 6: Brazil energy drinks market value forecast: $ million, 2015–20
Figure 7: Brazil energy drinks market volume forecast: million liters, 2015–20
Figure 8: Forces driving competition in the energy drinks market in Brazil, 2015
Figure 9: Drivers of buyer power in the energy drinks market in Brazil, 2015
Figure 10: Drivers of supplier power in the energy drinks market in Brazil, 2015
Figure 11: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the energy drinks market in Brazil, 2015
Figure 12: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the energy drinks market in Brazil, 2015
Figure 13: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the energy drinks market in Brazil, 2015
Figure 14: Monster Beverage Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Monster Beverage Corporation: assets & liabilities
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.