Hot Drinks in Italy
Hot Drinks in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy hot drinks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The hot drinks market consists of the retail sales of coffee, tea and other hot drinks (including chocolate-based hot drinks, malt-based hot drinks and other). The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2015 annual average exchange rates.
- The Italian hot drinks market generated total revenues of $3,459.9m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.2% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.2% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 273.5 million kilograms in 2015.
- Coffee is a well-established part of Italy's food and drink culture, and its dominance of the hot drinks market is no surprise. There are signs that consumers for coffee made at home are moving away from traditional ground coffee to capsule formats.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the hot drinks market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the hot drinks market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key hot drinks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy hot drinks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy hot drinks market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Italy hot drinks market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy hot drinks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Italy's hot drinks market?
Table of Contents
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy hot drinks market value: $ million, 2011–15
Table 2: Italy hot drinks market volume: million kilograms, 2011–15
Table 3: Italy hot drinks market category segmentation: $ million, 2015
Table 4: Italy hot drinks market geography segmentation: $ million, 2015
Table 5: Italy hot drinks market share: % share, by value, 2015
Table 6: Italy hot drinks market distribution: % share, by value, 2015
Table 7: Italy hot drinks market value forecast: $ million, 2015–20
Table 8: Italy hot drinks market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2015–20
Table 9: illycaffe S.p.A.: key facts
Table 10: Kimbo S.p.A.: key facts
Table 11: Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.: key facts
Table 12: Nestle S.A.: key facts
Table 13: Nestle S.A.: key financials ($)
Table 14: Nestle S.A.: key financials (CHF)
Table 15: Nestle S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 16: Italy size of population (million), 2011–15
Table 17: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2011–15
Table 18: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2011–15
Table 19: Italy inflation, 2011–15
Table 20: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2011–15
Table 21: Italy exchange rate, 2011–15 List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy hot drinks market value: $ million, 2011–15
Figure 2: Italy hot drinks market volume: million kilograms, 2011–15
Figure 3: Italy hot drinks market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 4: Italy hot drinks market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 5: Italy hot drinks market share: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 6: Italy hot drinks market distribution: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 7: Italy hot drinks market value forecast: $ million, 2015–20
Figure 8: Italy hot drinks market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2015–20
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the hot drinks market in Italy, 2015
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the hot drinks market in Italy, 2015
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the hot drinks market in Italy, 2015
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the hot drinks market in Italy, 2015
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the hot drinks market in Italy, 2015
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the hot drinks market in Italy, 2015
Figure 15: Nestle S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Nestle S.A.: assets & liabilities
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.