PCs in Russia
PCs in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Russia pcs market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The personal computers (PCs) market consists of the sale of both desktop and portable PCs.
- The Russian PCs market had total revenues of $2,021.6m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -13.5% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -15.2% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 7.6 million units in 2016.
- The Russian PC market is also disadvantaged by the decision of Microsoft (the world's largest software licenser) to offer free upgrades to its latest operating system, largely suppressing any incentives to purchase new hardware to access it.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the pcs market in Russia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pcs market in Russia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pcs market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia pcs market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Russia pcs market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Russia pcs market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia pcs market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Russia's pcs market?
Table of Contents
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Lenovo Group Limited
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Russia PCs market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Table 2: Russia PCs market volume: million units, 2012–16
Table 3: Russia PCs market category segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 4: Russia PCs market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 5: Russia PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Table 6: Russia PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2016–21
Table 7: Acer Incorporated: key facts
Table 8: Acer Incorporated: key financials ($)
Table 9: Acer Incorporated: key financials (NT$)
Table 10: Acer Incorporated: key financial ratios
Table 11: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key facts
Table 12: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 13: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key financials (NT$)
Table 14: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 15: HP Inc.: key facts
Table 16: HP Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 17: HP Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 18: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts
Table 19: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials ($)
Table 20: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios
Table 21: Russia size of population (million), 2012–16
Table 22: Russia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 23: Russia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 24: Russia inflation, 2012–16
Table 25: Russia consumer price index (absolute), 2012–16
Table 26: Russia exchange rate, 2012–16 List of Figures
Figure 1: Russia PCs market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Figure 2: Russia PCs market volume: million units, 2012–16
Figure 3: Russia PCs market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Russia PCs market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: Russia PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Figure 6: Russia PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2016–21
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the PCs market in Russia, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the PCs market in Russia, 2016
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the PCs market in Russia, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the PCs market in Russia, 2016
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the PCs market in Russia, 2016
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the PCs market in Russia, 2016
Figure 13: Acer Incorporated: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Acer Incorporated: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: HP Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: HP Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 19: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 20: Lenovo Group Limited: assets & liabilities
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.