The Audio Amplifier Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period 2021 to 2026. The increasing use of smartphones to stream music and home-enabled smart speakers has been fueling the adoption of audio amplifiers. Further, with continuous progress in the technology of smartphones, tablets, PCs, and speakers, the allied performance of the audio amplifier market is thus, creating high demand among the consumers, which gives optimum opportunities for the growth of the audio amplifier market.
- Similarly, as per the growing consumer electronics segment, in January 2020, HELM Audio and THX partnered to develop an amplification solution for portable devices. The advancement of portable audio was resorted by leveraging THX Certified mobile headphone amplifier. The HELM DB12 AAAMP Mobile Headphone Amplifier has been developed to fit in the user’s hand along with a plug-and-play amplifier. The additional features highlight working with a pair of 3.5mm wired headphones with +12 dB of zero distortion volume gain and improved stereo imaging and clarity.
- Also, commercial events or professional applications across 2019 have been boosting the adoption of audio amplifiers. For instance, Schottenhamel, an attendant to Munich’s famous Oktoberfest, upgraded its sound system for the 2019 event. The company resorted to Electro-Voice and Dynacord by bringing in an XLD line-array loudspeaker system from Electro-Voice, while Dynacord IPX amplifiers were used to power the enhanced audio system. Also, with a shift to Dynacord IPX10:8 amplifiers, advantages highlighted were the eight-channel amplifier format, along with signal processing and zone allocation.
- Further with an increase in developments across advanced and power-efficient electronic products led the Automotive Applications to drive Class D Audio Amplifier Performance. The Class D audio power amplifier has been regulated to cater to low-end applications while delivering performance equal to that of Class AB counterparts.
- In February 2020, JL Audio introduced the JD Series car audio amplifier line-up. The four models are inclusive of three monoblock subwoofer amplifiers and a four-channel full-range amplifier. The company has developed the same by combining its NexD Class-D technology to feature advanced auto turn-on, clipping indicator for accurate level setting, to name a few.
- Similar developments have been witnessed across other players as well. For instance, in May 2020, Yamaha expanded its Premium Hi-Fi Family of Audio Components with the addition of A-S Series of Integrated Amplifiers. Allied models, A-S1200, A-S2200, and A-S3200 integrated amplifiers are compatible with the company’s 5000 Series of speakers, amps, pre-amps, and turntable, thus, enabling the music industry to leverage a complete line-up of Hi-Fi audio components from the company.
- Likewise, Crestron launched a new line of X Series modular audio amplifiers at ISE 2020, which particularly aimed at meeting spaces and classrooms of varied sizes. The company’s modular amplifiers are 1 RU high, including the AMP-X300 (1/2-space wide) and AMP-X50MP (1/4-space wide) to be connected with any other modular amplifier for larger applications in case, more power is needed.
- Increasing product launches in the wake of offering mission-critical applications led JL Audio to introduce MVi Marine Amplifiers with Integrated DSP. JL’s "MVi" line of networkable DSP amplifiers for the marine industry feature built-in tuning power, reference-grade audio performance, and better installation flexibilities. A total of eight models were announced to adhere to boatbuilders' and boat owners' needs. This further addresses the challenges of boats and ships in achieving optimal sound quality from an audio system.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the audio amplifier market is gloomy as the consumer electronics industry is badly affected and is likely to continue to have serious ramifications for the future availability of consumer electronics. With the looming supply chain problem, the growth of the market is expected to slow down.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics to Drives the market
- The increase in the adoption of advanced & power-efficient electronic products and the demand for the speakers, which consist of audio amplifiers, improve sound quality majorly drive the growth of the audio amplifier market. For instance, according to the Music Trades, in 2019, the instrument amplifier market's retail sales value was 153.93 million U.S. dollars. Also, as per the same source, in 2019, 218,000 power amplifiers were sold in the U.S. These factors are responsible for the growth of the market across the globe.
- The factors that hamper the audio amplifier market's growth include problems regarding high energy consumption and current leakage. An increase in the penetration of IoT and the escalating popularity of in-vehicle Infotainment systems gives optimum opportunities for the audio amplifier market's growth.
- For instance, according to Finch Capital, the global market for the Internet of things (IoT) end-user solutions is expected to grow to USD 418 billion in size by the end of 2021. The technology reached 100 billion dollars in market revenue for the first time in 2017, and forecasts suggest that this figure will grow to around USD 1.6 trillion by 2025.
- The recent development in the audio amplifier market is “D” technology, which is used by various electronics, automotive, and home automation systems. It is used in electronic devices capable of holding hundreds of watt of power efficiently and used in low noise and high-power applications. For example, Toshiba Electronic Devices and Storage Corporation recently launched "TCB503HQ” for car audio that exhibits high resistance to power.
Asia-Pacific to Account For Highest Market Growth
- The Asia-Pacific is projected to account for highest market growth in audio amplifier market. The highest growth in the market is attributed to the growing disposable income of consumers in the region, increasing adoption of consumer electronics devices, booming infrastructure, and rising technological advancement in the region are some of the driving factors behind the growth of the audio amplifier market.
- Increased investments in consumer electronics and automotive industries in the Asia Pacific are fueling the growth of the market in this region. Moreover, Asia Pacific is also home to some of the major consumer electronics companies, including Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba, and LG Electronics. Availability of low cost of labor and development in infrastructure in developing countries like China and India have boosted the manufacturing capacity of consumer electronics devices in the Asia Pacific region.
- The growth of the audio amplifier market in APAC is also attributed to the consumption of these amplifiers by automotive players in this region to advance their automotive infotainment systems as audio amplifiers (class D) help reduce noise and distortion, enables refined signal processing and improves overall performance of the infotainment sound system and attains the need for an elevated audio experience.
The audio amplifier market is highly fragmented as changing consumer demands are driving companies to innovate, focus on R&D, and advancement of electronic devices to attract more consumers. The players are adopting strategies, like collaboration, partnership, and agreement as their key developmental strategies to increase the revenue of the audio amplifier market and develop new products for enhancing product portfolio. Some of the key developments in the market are:
- August 2020 - To enhance its new facility with pristine sound for worship services and other events, Tauranga Elim Church selected a state-of-the-art HARMAN Professional audio solution that includes JBL Professional loudspeakers and Crown amplification.
- May 2019 - Infineon Technologies AG launched class D audio brand MERUS with integrated multilevel amplifier ICs.The company has united the existing portfolio of multi-chip modules and discrete audio products under one umbrella.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions? and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview? (Inclusive of Impact of COVID-19)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis?
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Analysis on Power Supply and Different Audio Amplifier Classes (A, AB, D, etc.)
4.4 Impact of GaN FET on the Audio Amplifier (To include coverage onÂ GaN-based Amplifier Product Launches, allied IC-based developments, and Technical Implications, among others.)
5 MARKET DYNAMICS?
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems Demand
5.1.2 Energy-Efficient requirements in Portable Audio Devices
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Integration issues, Design Development challenges, Cost Implications
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Channel
6.1.3 Other Channels (6-Channel, 8-Channel, and Mono)
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2.2 Automotive (Car Audio Systems)
6.2.3 Telecommunications (Broadcasting)
6.2.4 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Rest of the World
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Yamaha Corporation
7.1.2 Kenwood Corporation
7.1.3 Krell Industries LLC
7.1.4 Harman International (Crown)
7.1.5 Bryston Ltd
7.1.6 Sound United LLC (Marantz, Denon)
7.1.7 Cambridge Audio (Audio Partnership PLC)
7.1.8 Vervent Audio Group (Naim Audio)
7.1.9 Allen & Heath Limited
7.1.10 DD Audio (Resonance Inc.)
7.1.11 Dynacord (Bosch Sicherheitssysteme GmbH)
7.1.12 JL Audio
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.