You are here :
Banking Competitor Profile: Santander
Published on: Jul 2018 | From USD $3450 | Published By: GLOBAL DATA | Number Of Pages: 52
Banking Competitor Profile: Santander
Santander is a leading UK provider, and has achieved notable success in recent years with its 123 Current Account, which has attracted substantial numbers of new customers. It also recently acquired a specialist provider of motor finance, which has boosted its market share in lending. Although Santanderís costs relative to income are in line with those of other banks, price competition has hit its net interest margins, and consequently its return on assets.
This report benchmarks Santanderís performance across current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and personal loans against the market.
The report offers insight into -
- How Santanderís customers choose and apply for their key financial products, and how their behavior differs from customers of other banks .
- The extent to which Santanderís customers will recommend their bank, how satisfied they are with service, and how loyal they are relative to other consumers.
- How Santander is faring in terms of market share across the main product areas.
- Santander has seen a substantial increase in retail deposits, fueled by high interest rates on its 123 account. Savers chose the bank due to its interest rates and having an existing relationship. Online onboarding is now as popular as in-branch application, but still lags behind the rest of the market.
- Santanderís share with respect to mortgage balances outstanding has gradually fallen over the analysis period, and balances are lower in absolute terms than at the start of the period. Santander is the only mortgage provider to have a negative NPS, but it is introducing video and chatbot servicing.
- Around one in four customers use online banking every day, more than the market average. However, mobile use is slightly below average. User satisfaction is high across all channels, and Santander has introduced NeoCRM, an advanced omnichannel customer management system.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into how Santander acquires new customers in comparison to other providers.
- Build your understanding of how favorably Santanderís customers view their bank and how likely they are to switch.
- Understand how well Santander is performing financially compared to the market.
Table of Contents
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.
The process usually includes collection and interpretation of market data by using statistical and analytical techniques to support the decision making process.
The report helps in identifying and tracking emerging players in the market and their portfolios, enhances decision making capabilities and helps to create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage.
Market research reports provide in-depth analysis about the market conditions and requirements for effective decision making.
The report provides a snapshot of the global market size, segmentation data, marketing growth strategies, market share, export and import information, analysis and forecast of market trends, competition, domestic production, best sales prospects, statistical data, tariffs, regulations, distribution and business practices, end-user analysis, contact points and more.
These research reports include information about competitive strategies, solutions, fact-based research, key takeaways, recommendations, market considerations, emerging business models and market opportunities for multiple segments of an industry.
Market research reports assist in solving business problems and making better decisions to improve business as per the prevalent market trends.
Any person who has the capacity to make decisions for the business must buy the reports. These reports help management in decision making process. Market research helps person to obtain market information from different sources, and in multiple formats. It aims to study supply and demand, analyze data as per geography, age factors, demography, technology, product, psychographic & gender differences, and many other parameters. Access to in-depth market trends helps person to assess the market effectiveness. Some of the multiple techniques used for market research include customer analysis, choice modeling, competition and risk analysis, product research, advertising the research, marketing mix modeling, simulated test marketing, and more.
Market research studies several features of business environment, such as competitors, market structure, government regulations, economic trends, technological advances and financial analysis of companies, industries, and sectors. This helps person in the decision-making process of planning and implementing strategies for their markets.
1. Choose a topic.
2. Make skeleton catalogue.
3. Fill content. As for report content, there are two main information source, Primary and Secondary data collection. Secondary data collectionrefers to information searched from the Internet or data bought from database. Primary data collection refers to information concluded from telephone interview, face-to-face interview, expert‚Äôs interview, meeting etc.
4. Audit the report
5. Publish the report.
With regard to information cost, information searching costs the least, database support the second least, and telephone interview the third least. Face-face interview cost higher, in-depth interview much higher and expert interview the highest. A research may adopt all of these approaches, or just some of them.
In general, a good-quality research report needs 1-3 months to be finished. Time and method varies according to different Publishers. Thus, it‚Äôs difficult to define an exact procedure or process of making research report. Both time and cost vary. However, specialization has become a basic industry standard. Professional and dedicated products will be more and more popular.
There may be exceptions to this if you place order on a non-working day specifically because our publisher partners are located all over the globe. In case of physical delivery report will be couriered to you within 3 working days from the date of the receipt of payment and delivery time will differ based on your location
+1 (704) 266-3234
- In-depth database Our Report‚Äôs database covers almost all topics of all regions over the Globe..
- Recognised publishing sources Tie ups with top publishers around the globe.
- Customer Support Complete pre and post sales support.
- Safe & Secure Complete secure payment process.