This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
Carl Zeiss AG (Carl Zeiss) is a medical technology with focus on optical and optoelectronic industry. It develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, photomask systems, microscopes, medical technology products including ophthalmic diagnostic and therapeutic products, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology. It offers its products and services to a wide range of sectors including semiconductor, automotive and mechanical engineering industries, and biomedical research and medical technology. Carl Zeiss has research and development and manufacturing facilities in Europe, North America, Central America and Asia. Carl Zeiss is headquartered in Oberkochen, Germany.
Carl Zeiss AG Key Recent Developments
Dec 16, 2016: ZEISS Achieves Record Revenue and Earnings
Nov 16, 2016: New Head of the ZEISS Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology Business Group
Oct 17, 2016: An Executive Board Initiative: Digital Transformation
Jul 20, 2016: Virtual Reality becomes Reality in Microscopy
Jul 06, 2016: U.S. patent trial and appeal board grants ZEISS' petition and institutes IPR against NPE patent holder AMI
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Carl Zeiss AG - Key Facts 6
Carl Zeiss AG - Key Employees 7
Carl Zeiss AG - Key Employee Biographies 8
Carl Zeiss AG - Major Products and Services 9
Carl Zeiss AG - Medical Equipment Pipeline Products Data 12
Carl Zeiss AG Pipeline Products by Equipment Type 12
Carl Zeiss AG Pipeline Products by Development Stage 13
Carl Zeiss AG - History 14
Carl Zeiss AG - Company Statement 19
Carl Zeiss AG - Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Section 2 – Company Analysis 22
Carl Zeiss AG - Business Description 22
Business Description - Medical Technology 22
Medical Technology - Overview 22
Medical Technology - Financials 22
Business Description - Research & Quality Technology 22
Research & Quality Technology - Overview 22
Research & Quality Technology - Financials 22
Business Description - Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology 22
Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology - Overview 22
Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology - Financials 23
Business Description - Vision Care/Consumer Optics 23
Vision Care/Consumer Optics - Overview 23
Vision Care/Consumer Optics - Financials 23
Carl Zeiss AG - Corporate Strategy 24
Carl Zeiss AG - SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis - Overview 25
Carl Zeiss AG - Strengths 25
Carl Zeiss AG - Weaknesses 27
Carl Zeiss AG - Opportunities 28
Carl Zeiss AG - Threats 29
Carl Zeiss AG - Key Competitors 30
Section 3 – Company’s Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances 31
Carl Zeiss AG, Medical Equipment, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 31
Carl Zeiss AG, Medical Equipment, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
Carl Zeiss AG, Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 34
Feb 10, 2017: Carl Zeiss Meditec Off to A Solid Start Into Business Year 2016/17 34
Dec 16, 2016: ZEISS Achieves Record Revenue and Earnings 35
Dec 09, 2016: Carl Zeiss Meditec continues its growth trend 37
Nov 16, 2016: New Head of the ZEISS Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology Business Group 38
Oct 26, 2016: ZEISS Invests Further 60 Million Euros in the Expansion of the Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology Factory 39
Oct 26, 2016: New ZEISS Axio Observer Microscopes for Life Science 40
Oct 17, 2016: An Executive Board Initiative: Digital Transformation 41
Oct 13, 2016: Carl Zeiss Meditec appoints Steven C. Schallhorn, MD as Chief Medical Officer 42
Aug 30, 2016: Glencoe Software and ZEISS Partner to Build Open Source File Reader for Whole Slide Imaging 43
Aug 12, 2016: Carl Zeiss Meditec Grows in Ophthalmology and Microsurgery 44
Section 5 – Appendix 45
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.