In the Portugal Ice Cream market both On-trade and Off-trade sales are forecast to register similar growth during 2015-2020. Among all categories, the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' accounts for highest Off-trade as well as On-trade volume consumption. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Ice Cream market. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material. Magnum and Cornetto are the leading players in the country.
- The Ice Cream market in Portugal is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% in volume terms during 2015-2020
- The 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category has the highest volume share in the overall Ice Cream market
- On-trade sales account for the majority share in the distribution of Artisanal Ice Cream category
- Carte D`Or is the Leading brand in the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in Portugal
- Prize Off is the only closure type used in the Portuguese Ice Cream market
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in Portugal provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Wrapper
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice analysis -Key Takeaways
- Value and volume analysis for the Portuguese Ice Cream market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Portuguese Ice Cream market
- Volume analysis by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Market value and growth rates, by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share (Off-trade / On-trade) in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Portuguese Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Portuguese Ice Cream market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value) by category
- Penetration of private label by category in the Portuguese Ice Creammarket
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.