Bariatric Surgery Devices is an ever growing specialty area within General Surgery. This report focuses on the Bariatric Surgery Devices diagnostics market in the 39 markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Russia, South Korea, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, New Zealand, Taiwan, Argentina, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates).
In this report, GlobalData evaluates the currently marketed bariatric surgery devices products, identifies the unmet needs in each market, analyzes market dynamics, and provides an understanding of physicians' adoption trends for different types of bariatric surgery devices. This report covers bariatric stapling devices, gastric bands, and gastric balloon devices within the bariatric surgery devices market.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of devices? Device Effectiveness & Device Efficiency
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global bariatric surgery device market?
- What trends and events are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that device manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products?
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed bariatric surgery devices and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different bariatric surgery devices
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Annualized total bariatric surgery devices market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2013-2023.
- Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global bariatric surgery devices market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global bariatric surgery devices market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific bariatric surgery devices market from 2013-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 10
2 Introduction 13
2.1 Catalyst 13
3 Market Access 14
3.1 Reimbursement Trends 14
3.1.1 North America 14
3.1.2 Europe 14
3.1.3 APAC 15
3.2 Mergers and Acquisitions/Key Partnerships 16
3.2.1 Medtronic Acquisition of Covidien 16
3.2.2 Apollo Endosurgeryís Acquisition of Allerganís Obesity Intervention Division 16
4 Unmet Needs and Market Opportunity Analysis 17
4.1 Global Prevalence of Obesity 17
4.2 Adolescent and Childhood Bariatric Surgeries 17
4.3 Development of Non-invasive Treatment Options 17
4.4 Procedure Optimization 18
4.5 Increased Access to Procedures 18
5 Competitive Assessment 19
5.1 Market Share Analysis 19
5.1.1 Global 19
5.1.2 North America 20
5.1.3 Europe 21
5.1.4 Asia-Pacific 22
5.1.5 South America 23
5.1.6 Middle East and Africa 24
5.2 Key Companies and Product Profiles 24
5.2.1 Apollo Endosurgery 24
5.2.2 Cousin Biotech 26
5.2.3 Ethicon Endo-Surgery 27
5.2.4 Medtronic 28
5.2.5 ReShape 30
5.2.6 Other Players 31
6 Market Outlook 33
6.1 Procedure Trends 33
6.1.1 Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery 34
6.1.2 Gastric Bypass Surgery 43
6.1.3 Gastric Banding Surgery 52
6.1.4 Gastric Balloon Surgery 60
6.1.5 Other Bariatric Surgery Procedures 71
6.2 Global Market Drivers and Barriers 73
6.2.1 Driver: Rising Prevalence of Obesity 73
6.2.2 Driver: Medical Tourism 73
6.2.3 Barrier: Competition with Other Weight Loss Markets 73
6.3 Market Outlooks by Segment 74
6.3.1 Gastric Balloon 74
6.3.2 Gastric Banding 75
6.3.3 Bariatric Stapling Devices 76
6.4 Market Outlooks by Geography 78
6.4.1 Global Overview 78
6.4.2 North America 81
6.4.3 Europe 84
6.4.4 Asia-Pacific 88
6.4.5 South America 91
6.4.6 Middle East and Africa 93
7 Appendix 96
7.1 Bibliography 96
7.2 Abbreviations 100
7.3 Methodology 101
7.3.1 Overview 101
7.3.2 Coverage 101
7.3.3 Secondary Research 101
7.4 Forecasting Methodology 102
7.5 Primary Research Summary 103
7.5.1 Primary Research - Key Opinion Leader Interviews 103
7.5.2 Expert Panel Validation 103
7.6 About the Authors 104
7.6.1 Analysts 104
7.6.2 Global Head of Medical Devices 104
7.7 About GlobalData 105
7.8 Disclaimer 105
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.