Computed Tomography (CT) systems are diagnostic imaging devices that use x-rays to obtain cross-sectional images of the body. CT systems utilize a non-invasive radiographic technique that takes many x-ray measurements from around the body’s periphery. These x-ray measurements are then used to reconstruct a tomographic (slice) plane of the body. CT systems are used throughout a variety of imaging exams including cardiac, gastrointestinal, spinal and head examinations. The CT market is highly competitive, held by a few major players, each trying to gain shares by developing innovative technologies. The market is driven by the rise of chronic diseases, such as cardiac disease and cancer, as well as emerging economies around the globe.
This report provides insight into the adoption trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, marketed and pipeline products, current and emerging players, as well as market outlooks in the North American market. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians’ perceptions in using and evaluating the adoption of different types of computed tomography systems.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future compute tomography systems market outlook in North America? What trends are affecting the North American market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the compute tomography systems space in North America?
- What are the key, high growth markets that compute tomography systems manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the compute tomography systems currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook of compute tomography systems?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of compute tomography systems?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Key Metrics in Major Markets
2.2 Market Dynamics
2.3 Key Players in the Global Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market
2.4 Global Market Future Outlook
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
4 Market Access
4.2 Regulatory Issues/Recalls
4.3 Recent M&A/Key Partnerships
5 Unmet Needs
5.2 Dose Control
5.3 Imaging Capabilities
5.4 Algorithms and Computational Power
6 Competitive Assessment
6.1 Company Share Analysis
6.1.1 North America
6.2 Major Players
6.2.1 GE Healthcare
6.2.2 Siemens Healthineers
6.2.3 Philips Healthcare
6.2.4 Hitachi Medical Systems
6.2.5 NeuroLogica Corporation
6.2.6 Neusoft Medical Systems
6.2.7 Toshiba Medical Systems Inc.
6.3 Pipeline Products
7 Market Outlooks
7.1 Technological Trends
7.2 Market Drivers and Barriers
7.2.1 Market Drivers
7.2.2 Market Barriers
7.3 Market Outlooks by Segment
7.3.1 256-320 slice CT Systems
7.3.2 128-slice CT Systems
7.3.3 64-slice CT Systems
7.3.4 20-40 slice CT Systems
7.3.5 16-slice and below CT Systems
7.4 Market Outlooks by Geography
7.4.1 North America
8.1 Data Book
8.1.1 Market Value
8.1.2 Sales Volume
8.1.3 Install Base
8.5 Forecasting Methodology
8.6 About the Authors
8.7 About GlobalData
8.8 Contact Us
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.